Dharampuri is located in the district of Khandwa. The Community Development Project at Dharampuri is being formed for the development of the community there by focusing on Women, children and youth in 9 villages. The main activities of the project are as follows:
- Women Empowerment through SHGs and other awareness program on women rights
- Organizing SHGs, self-employment by availing opportunities for income generation activities among women
- Child Education and development
- Carrier guidance and personality development for youth
- Coaching classes for dropout Girls
- Skill development among girls and women
- Conducting Health Camps
- Increase accessibility of schemes
- Protection of Environment.
- Computer education for the youth.
Total 132 women have been organized through 13 SHGs groups in Dharampuri cluster. Different capacity development training programs have been conducted with these SHGs members to empower them and to increase sustainability of the group and its programs.
Coaching classes are also being arranged by the project which supports dropout girls to continue their further studies. We have also youth programs in which we organize classes in Carrier guidance, personality development and computer courses for students in order to give them a better future.
The project takes initiatives to conduct classes in Tailoring for women and girls and thus to enhance their skills in that field. Majority of the girls support their families by working in the farms. About 56 girls and women have completed their training in tailoring and embroidery in 2017-18. Computer classes help the youth to complete the basics in computer studies. Health camps are also conducted for health awareness and prevention and treatment of the diseases among community members. 188 women have participated in Gram Sabha in order to raise issues local developmental issues like water, CC road, high secondary school etc. in 2017-18
We also try to reach out to the needy children in order to support them by distributing clothes, study materials etc. by networking with Goonj and Spandan organizations.
Out team at Uday CDP Dharampuri
- Jency SSpS (Director)
- Kashiram Masani (CO)
- Pravin Sawle (CO)
- Seema Chauhan (Vocational Trainer in tailoring)