Community Development Program, Aulia (CDP) was initiated in 2009 with the aim of creating awareness among the people about their Rights, for promoting health care and to work for the welfare of the under privileged section of the villagers. Presently CDP Aulia is working in 10 villages.
The unit focuses on the following activities.
- Women Empowerment through SHGs and other awareness programs on rights of women.
- Training on self-employment and support for livelihood through SHGs
- Training in Technical education
- Child Education ,participation and development
- Promote holistic health programs
- Increase accessibility of Govt. schemes
- Environmental activities
The unit’s focus is on women empowerment and integral development of children by conducting various programs. Till date, March 2018, there are 300 women, organized through 30 SHGs. These groups received various capacities building trainings on documentation, self –employment trainings, leadership building training and training on casteism, patriarchy and enhanced their understanding on other social issues. The programs of Uday give direction towards proper functioning of Panchayats and other Govt. institutions such as ICDS centres, MDM, Govt. schools, MNREGA, PDS etc. Federations formed at village level are playing a significant role in local development issues.
There are 10 Non-Formal Education centers arranged at different Govt. school for improving the academic performance of children. We have also 12 adolescent groups in 10 villages and they receive training on psycho-sexual development and life skills, from time to time. Health camps are organized to create awareness on seasonal diseases, HIV/AIDS etc. Total 8 Vikas Manch with 280 members (Federation of SHGs formed at the village level) has been formed to raise local development issues. Once in a year a convention of Vikas Manch is conducted to make collective strategy to address village issues. One Media conference has been organized by Vikas Manch in 2018 in order to raise local developmental issues like water,sanitation, employment, drainage system etc. in villages.
Our Team at Uday CDP Aulia:
- Roseline Pathiyotil SSpS (Director)
- Anton Donel
- Narayan Virley (Community Organizer- CO)
- Raju Oswal (CO)
- Lakhan Barole (Office Manager & CO)
- Women volunteers -10
- Additional coaching for the students going to Govt. schools by young volunteers-10