Badi Dhamini is located in the district of Jhabua. The programmes of Community Development Project, Badi Dhamini, are being implemented for the development of the community by focusing on Women and children in 3 villages of Badi Dhamini cluster. The main activities of the project are as follows:
- Empowerment of women through SHGs and CBOs and promoting self- governance
- Capacity and leadership building of women leaders
- Awareness on legal as well as constitutional rights of women through different programs.
- Impart trainings on self-employment schemes and availing opportunities for income generation activities among women
- Technical training of youth by linking them with skill development schemes of the Govt.
- Child Education , Child Participation and development
- Conducting Health Camps
- Increase accessibility to Govt. schemes
- Promoting protection of Environment.
Total 330 women have been organized through 32 Self Help Groups in 5 villages. Federation is working towards addressing the local development issues of the village. The project conducts capacity building, training in self-employment and other skill development for SHGs, in order to empower women members of SHGs. These groups received various capacities building trainings on documentation, leadership building training and training on casteism, patriarchy, domestic violence and enhanced their understanding on other social issues.
Recently 5 Non Formal Education Centres are being implemented in Badi Dhamini cluster in 3 villages. We also organize some vocational training for children like computer courses, tailoring etc. Additional health camp is organized for the health awareness and prevention of the diseases among community members.
Vikas Manch is also actively working in Badi Dhamini. 62 Income Generation Activities have been conducted in the year 2017-18 . Efforts are being made to make regularization of government institutions like aaganwadi, schools etc by women leaders with the support of community members . Bhoomika Self Help Group has received a National award for best performing SHG by Ministry of Rural Development in new Delhi under National Rural Livelihood Mission( NRLM) . SHGs in Badi Dhamini were registered with Aajivika ( NRLM- National Rural Livelihood Mission ) since more than 5 years .
Our team at Uday CDP Badi Dhamini :
- Anna SSpS (Director)
- Ms Vidhya (CO)
- Gabriel (CO)
- Women volunteers -3
- Additional coaching for the students, going to Govt. schools by young volunteers-5